2001 Chevrolet Lumina Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
Note: Existing keyless remotes will be erased with this procedure.
Existing working remotes will have to reprogrammed also.
1. Locate the programming connector wire located in the RH trunk area.
You may have to pull back right side trunk trim on trunk wall to locate
the single black/white wire.
2. The programming connector wire should have one termial in the plastic
connector on end of black/white wire. Ground the terminal in the connector
to a nearby bolt or trunk latch.
Leave connector wire connected to ground through out procedure.
3. System will now lock and unlock doors automatically to indicate
programming mode has been activated.
4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on keyless remote at the
same time for 15 seconds or until the door locks lock and unlock once.
This indicates that your new keyless remote has been programmed and
all other existing remotes have been erased.
5. Repeat step 4 for to program any additonal keyless remotes including
and existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between
programming of keyless remotes.
6. Disconnect programming connector wire from ground to exit programming
7. Test keyless remote(s).