2000 Toyota Avalon Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Start with key out of the ignition, driver door is open (all others closed), and driver door is unlocked.
2. Insert key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Using the power lock switch on the driver’s door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles with lock.
Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. 1 cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock)
b. Close, then open driver’s door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Using the power lock switch on the driver’s door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting
Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1 cycle = 1 lock and 1unlock)
b. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder.
c. Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can without cranking the engine) then back to OFF
d. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode.
Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second.
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, hit the lock button by itself and
hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle once indicating successful
If the door locks don’t cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps a and b-your remote has not
c. Repeat steps a and b in step 6 for each new transmitter.
7. Close driver door.