1998 Pontiac Montana Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Remove key from ignition.
2. Remove the “BCM PRGRM” fuse from the fuse panel, accessed
by opening the front passenger door. Use the legend on the fuse
panel to properly locate the “BCMPRGRM” fuse.
3. Close all of the doors.
4. Close the liftgate.
5. Insert keys into the ignition, and turn the ignition lock cylinder to
ACC (one click towards you –the opposite direction from starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second.
7. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system
enters the programming mode.
8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously
for 14 seconds.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful
synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second
chime that will confirm successful programming. Your new remote has been
accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
9. Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed
(including any existing transmitters).
10. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
11. Install the “BCM PRGRM” fuse back into the fuse panel.