1998 Chevrolet Venture Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Remove key from ignition.
2. Remove the “BCM PRGRM” fuse from the fuse panel, accessed by opening the front passenger
door. Use the legend on the fuse panel to properly locate the “BCMPRGRM” fuse.
3. Close all of the doors.
4. Close the liftgate.
5. Insert keys into the ignition, and turn the ignition lock cylinder to ACC (one click towards you –
the opposite direction from starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second.
7. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the programming
8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It
is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful
programming. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been
9. Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed (including any existing
10. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
11. Install the “BCM PRGRM” fuse back into the fuse panel.