1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Locate the Programming Connector leading to the receiver in the trunk (passenger side). It is a
plastic connector with one wire leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You
may have to pull back the right side trunk trim to access the connector.
2. The programming connector should have one terminal. Ground this terminal to the trunk hatch or
a nearby bolt. The door locks will automatically lock then unlock to indicate initiation of
programming mode. Make sure the programming connector stays grounded throughout the
3. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 12 seconds or until the
door locks will cycle once. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have
4. Repeat the previous step for each of the remaining transmitters (including any existing
transmitters). Do not remove ground between programming of transmitters.
5. Remove the jumper wire from the keyless programming connector.