1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Make sure ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Programming Connector in the trunk (center of rear shelf). It is a plastic connector with
two wires leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You may have to pull back
trim to access the connector.
3. The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both terminals with a suitable
jumper wire. The Keyless Entry Module will lock then unlock all the door lock motors once. Make
sure the terminals remain connected throughout the programming procedure.
4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for at least 15
seconds or until the vehicle automatically locks and unlocks the door locks. Your new remote has
been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each transmitter to be programmed. Do not remove jumper wire in
between programming of transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Programming Connector.