1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Make sure ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Programming Connector in the trunk (driver’s side). It is a
plastic connector with two wires leading up to it. The connector is not
plugged into anything. You may have to pull back trim to access the
3. The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both
terminals with a suitable jumper wire. Make sure the terminals remain
connected throughout the programming procedure.
4. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously.
In response, the Keyless Entry Module will cycle all the Door Lock Motors
at once. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes
have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any
existing transmitters). Do not remove jumper wire in between programming
6. Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Programming Connector.