1996 Nissan Maxima Remote Programming instructions
Shear These Programming Instructions
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds.
Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. ( Withdraw key completely from
ignition cylinder each time ) . If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push LOCK button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. ( Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the
programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s
side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push LOCK button on the next remote. Your Hazard
Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, Open door, Test Remotes